Blog Playlist (8/8/10)

Friday, April 16, 2010

Countdown : 24 hours until first race

24 hours until my first race. And to make it even better, 24 hours until the ACCC Conference Championships. Man I picked a great day to start racing. So here's whats going through my mind right now:

Helmet : check
Glasses: check
Uniform: check
Uniform is clean (sniff) : check
so on and so forth

"Am I going to get dropped?"

"If I'm going faster than everyone on the downhill, will I be able to get around them without breaking the centerline rule?"

"Will I make it up the 3 1/2 mile climb with the group so I can even be a threat on the downhill?"

"How will I work with people?"

"Gotta remember to stay on that wheel. Dont let the wheel go"

"What if I win my first race?"

"What if my chain jumps off the rail again during the race?"

"If I crash, how fast can I get going again?"

"Should I raise my seat? I feel like I should have done that a week ago"

"Whats the weather supposed to be this weekend?"

Checking weather...

"FML! Its windy tomorrow. 20 to 30 mph Hopefully its going with the downhill after the climb. If so, I'm definitely breaking from the pack if I can then."

"At least its going to be nice and sunny, but only a high of upper 50's, for the crit on sunday.

"Should I pack my underarmour just in case?"

"Ok, taking it. I hope thats clean... and I hope I can find it too"

"If I get a flat during the RR I swear to god I might just die. I should've gotten a flat from so many potholes and manhole covers already that it BETTER not happen during the race."

"Should I leave my repair kit on my bike during the race in case I get dropped and flat halfway through? We are the last race, but the one before us leaves 5 minutes earlier and has two laps, so I might be able to get a ride on the wheel truck if that happens... hopefully.... god that would suck."

"Am I forgetting anything?"

"I have all 3 water bottles. Ok. Do I need 2 on my bike for the race? If I remove one, its that much less weight. Besides, I probably will be too worried about crashing into someone to drink anyway"

"Ooo. Put multi-tool in bag."

"Do I have any work this weekend? I dont think so...... gotta check blackboard"

"Should I try sleeping on the way down? Hmmmm. Eh, we'll see"

"Ok. I should probably stop procrastinating via this blog and actually finish packing."

Will update during my races this weekend. Enjoy the nice weather everyone!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment